Energy Transfer

In an effort to help the environment, ETP is offering its unitholders the option to sign up for electronic delivery of their ETP K-1’s. The paperless K-1 election can be made online at: If you elect electronic delivery of your ETP K-1, you will cease to receive a copy in the mail. Instead, an email notification will be sent to you when your ETP K-1 is available online.

Energy Transfer Partners unitholders will be able to access their 2016 ETP K-1 online March 19, 2017 and paper copies of the ETP K-1 will be mailed out the week of March 20th.

Please contact the K-1 Tax Package Support Center if you have any issues.

K-1 Tax Package Support Center: 800-792-7904
Monday-Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. (CT)

Your K-1 Tax Package will include the following:

  • Schedule K-1 (Form 1065)
  • State Schedule
  • Ownership Schedule
  • Sales Schedule (only if units were sold in 2014)
  • Schedule K-1 Supplemental Information
  • Individualized Income Tax Reporting Package Instructions
  • Partner's Instructions for Schedule K-1 (Form 1065)

Please contact the K-1 Tax Package Support Center to assist in the following:

  • Obtain copies of missing or lost K-1's for ETP investors
  • Correct errors or omissions in your ownership history
  • Correct your account information including name, address or type of account. Please contact your broker to update and make the changes as well.

Please note the following important events may impact your tax filings. Click here for detailed information on each transaction:

  • Acquisition of Regency Energy Partners on April 30, 2015
  • Acquisition of Susser Holdings Corp. on August 29, 2014
  • Acquisition of Southern Union Company on March 26, 2012
  • Acquisition of Sunoco, Inc. on October 5, 2012
  • Sunoco, Inc. Spin-Off of SunCoke Energy, Inc. on January 17, 2012

Energy Transfer Partners, L.P. (ETP) is a publicly traded master limited partnership. Unitholders are limited partners in the Partnership and receive cash distributions. A partnership generally is not subject to federal or state income tax. However, the annual income, gains, losses, deductions and credits of the Partnership flow through to the unitholders, who are required to report their allocated share of these amounts on their individual tax returns as though the unitholder had received these items directly.