(7) add to the covenants of Energy Transfer or any Subsidiary Guarantor for the benefit of the holders
or surrender any right or power conferred upon Energy Transfer or any Subsidiary Guarantor;
(8) add any additional Events of Default;
(9) make any change that does not adversely affect the rights under the indenture of any holder;
(10) supplement any of the provisions of the indenture to facilitate the defeasance and discharge of notes pursuant to the terms of the indenture;
(11) comply with any requirement of the SEC in connection with the qualification of the indenture under the TIA;
(12) conform the text of the indenture or a guarantee to any provision of this Description of the Notes to the extent that such text of the
indenture or the guarantee was intended to reflect such provision of this Description of the Notes; and
(13) provide for a successor
The consent of the holders is not necessary under the indenture to approve the particular form of any proposed amendment. It is sufficient
if such consent approves the substance of the proposed amendment. After an amendment with the consent of the holders under the indenture becomes effective, Energy Transfer is required to mail to all holders of notes a notice briefly describing such
amendment. However, the failure to give such notice to all such holders, or any defect therein, will not impair or affect the validity of the amendment.
Defeasance and Discharge
Energy Transfer at
any time may terminate all its obligations under the indenture as they relate to the notes of any series (legal defeasance), except for certain obligations, including those respecting the defeasance trust and obligations to register the
transfer of or exchange the notes, to replace mutilated, destroyed, lost or stolen notes and to maintain a registrar and paying agent in respect of the notes.
Energy Transfer at any time may terminate its obligations under the covenants described under Certain Covenants (other than
Merger, Consolidation or Sale of Assets) and the bankruptcy provisions with respect to each Subsidiary Guarantor, the guarantee provision and the cross-acceleration provision described under Events of Default above with
respect to the notes of any series (covenant defeasance).
Energy Transfer may exercise its legal defeasance option notwithstanding its
prior exercise of its covenant defeasance option. If Energy Transfer exercises its legal defeasance option, payment of the notes of the applicable series may not be accelerated because of an Event of Default. If Energy Transfer exercises its
covenant defeasance option for the notes, payment of the notes of the applicable series may not be accelerated because of an Event of Default specified in clause (3), (4) (with respect only to a Subsidiary Guarantor), (5) or (6) under
Events of Default above. If Energy Transfer exercises either its legal defeasance option or its covenant defeasance option, each guarantee will terminate with respect to the notes of the applicable series and any security that may
have been granted with respect to the notes of the applicable series will be released.